| Racer Net: ||$245.00/Each|
| Our Price: ||$215.95|
| You Save: ||$29.05/Each|| (12%)|
PML makes three differential covers for the GM 9 & 1/2 inch 14 bolt rear end. This one is designed for pre-2000 GMC and Chevrolet trucks and SUVs.
PML includes mounting bolts with all differential covers. PML provides bolts that are longer than the stock bolts since the flange on PML's cover is much thicker than stock. The bolts with the stock cover will not work.
GM has used four different bolts on these differentials so to complete your order, we need to know which bolts you have. These differentials have used both metric and standard cover bolts. The bolt length has not been consistent either. When ordering one of these covers, you will need to pull one of your stock bolts out (a top bolt is best) and measure the length and determine whether it is metric or standard.
- Bolt length is measured from the underside of the head (where a washer would sit) to the tip. If the bolts are metric, the length will be 21mm or 16mm. If the bolt is standard, the length will be 5/8 inch or 7/8 inch.
- Metric bolts will have 20 threads per inch, standard ones will have 18. Also, a bolt head with lines or letters on it is typically standard. A bolt with numbers such as 5.8, 9.8, 10.9, or 12.9 is likely to be metric.
We know this is a hassle, but we do not want to send the wrong bolts or charge everyone a lot of extra money to cover sending all possible bolts with each cover.
These PML rear end differential covers fit the 14 bolt 9½ inch rear differential on many Chevy and GMC trucks, vans and SUVs. PML offers three different covers to accomodate a variety of makes and models. Typical applications include the following.
- C10 & K10
- C1500 & K1500
- Silverado 1500 & Sierra 1500
- Silverado 1500 SS
- Silverado 1500HD & Sierra 1500HD
3/4 Ton Trucks, 1979 to 2004:
- C20 & K20
- C2500 & K2500
- Silverado 2500 & Sierra 2500 (not HD)
3/4 Ton Vans, 1981 to 2013:
1 Ton Vans, 1982 to 1995:
Suburban &3/4 Ton: 1988-2013
Avalanche (see 10303-2)
Hummer H2 (10303-2 only)
SSR 6 Speed (10303-2 only)
Trailblazer SS (10303-2 only)
Part number 6070 generally will work on older trucks and SUVS (pre-2000) as these vehicles have plenty of clearance behind the rear differential.
Part Number 9504 was designed for newer (late 1990s and newer) GM/Chevrolet trucks and SUVs where the spare tire, frame cross member or sway bar runs behind the rear differential.
For the Hummer H2, Trailblazer SS, and SSR 6 Speed, you must use part number 10303-2.
Dimensions are provided for each part number so you can check your vehicle to make sure the PML cover will fit.
Be aware that for each model and year there may be more than one rear axle possible. See also GM 10 bolt 8&1/2 and 14 bolt 10&1/2 if your stock covers has a different shape or number of bolts.
Matching Front Cover for 4WD
For 4WD trucks and SUVs with the GM 8.5, 10 Bolt front end, PML offers a matching differential cover.
See the GM 8 1/2, Front 10 Bolt, Part Number 6077
The matching front cover is available in all finishes. Shown in black powder coated.
PML Differential Cover Features:
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- All hardware provided, including magnetic drain plug
Volume: 1.0 qt. over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.