The WEGO IV series is a stand-alone unit with built-in data logging intended for automotive or dyno environments.
The WEGO IV is a fourth generation product that utilizes the proven Bosch LSU 4.2 wide-band exhaust gas oxygen sensor.
By utilizing miniature surface mount electronics technology, digital signal processing techniques, and a switching power supply for the sensor heater, the WEGO IV provides the same level of accuracy as lab systems costing thousands of dollars.
All WEGO systems provide quick and easy at-a-glance verification and adjustment of the sensor free-air calibration. This allows the WEGO to maintain accuracy as the sensor ages and maximizes sensor life in racing applications where the sensor may be exposed to leaded fuels.
WEGO Features and Benefits
- Complete AFR display system with built-in data logging. Includes WEGO IV unit shown above, Bosch LSU4.2 5-wire wide-band oxygen sensor, sensor wire harness, 18×1.5mm weld nut(s) for mounting sensor on exhaust pipe, and software on CDROM
- WEGO units can be programmed to display Lambda or correct AFR values for any hydrocarbon fuel with a known stoichiometric ratio.
- Versatile tuning aid for all carbureted and fuel injected engines displays AFR and logs over 2 hours data including AFR, engine RPM, and a spare 0-5V analog input for sensors such as throttle position or manifold pressure
- Can be used for on-road or dyno testing
- Suitable for automotive, motorcycle, and other small engine applications
- Measurement range is 10.3 to 19.5 gasoline AFR or 0.70 to 1.33 Lambda
- Highly accurate with less than 0.10 AFR or 0.007 Lambda error over entire range
- Easy free-air calibration procedure corrects for sensor aging effects
- 0-5V analog AFR output (two outputs for dual channel unit) for interface to dyno instrumentation
- Ultra-bright daylight readable blue LED display with automatic dimming under low light conditions
- Wide supply voltage range from 11-16V allows operation from battery on small engines or race vehicles without an alternator. Current draw is approx. 1 amp (2 amps for dual channel unit)
- Built-in USB interface
- Attractive black anodized aluminum housing
- Industrial grade clamping terminal block on rear panel allows easy hookup
- Compact size: 3.3"L x 2.1"W x 0.9"H for single channel unit and 4.2"L x 3.1"W x 1.1"H for dual channel unit
Major WEGO Advantages over Competitive Systems
- Data analysis. WEGO software allows you to analyze the data logged by the WEGO unit, not just print out a chart display. You can display and print out the required fuel correction (in percent) based on the AFR target value you select. You can then copy and paste this fuel correction data from the WEGO software to an Excel spreadsheet and then copy and paste from the Excel spreadsheet into your engine mapping software. No other system offers this capability.
- Easy sensor free-air calibration. All WEGO systems provide quick and easy at-a-glance verification and adjustment of the sensor free-air calibration. This allows the WEGO to maintain accuracy as the sensor ages and maximizes sensor life in racing applications where the sensor may be exposed to leaded fuels.
- Knowledgeable and prompt technical support. At Daytona Sensors, you can always reach a technician during normal business hours. You won't be told to send an email and wait for a response. An initial conversation is always with a trained technician. After hours and weekend support is available for racers.
Data Logging Software
The WEGO features data logging and includes a built-in USB interface for easy connection to newer laptop PCs. This data logging capability greatly facilitates engine tuning and diagnosis of driveability issues.
WEGO units start logging data once the sensors have warmed up (typically 15 seconds). The single channel WEGO stores the last 8000 samples in non-volatile memory. This allows storage ranging from 13 minutes at 10 samples/second to over 2 hours at 1 sample/second.
The dual channel WEGO stores the last 12000 samples in non-volatile memory. This allows storage ranging from 20 minutes at 10 samples/second to over 3 hours at 1 sample/second.
You can use our software to view data in real time or download and display data on a chart recorder type screen. Available data includes air/fuel ratio (AFR), RPM, and a 0-5V analog input. The RPM input can be connected to a tachometer signal or directly driven from an ignition coil. RPM data is correctly scaled and displayed for 1-12 cylinder engines.
The data logging software runs under Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8. We no longer support older Windows versions. Minimum PC requirement is a 300 MHz Pentium with super VGA display (SVGA with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution).
WEGO units connect to the PC by means of a USB interface. A USB cable is supplied with the unit. The PC must have a free USB port. If you have an older PC without USB capability, you cannot use the WEGO. For more detailed product information, we suggest that you download the software and instructions. The software download includes a sample file with actual data.
WEGO units can be programmed to display Lambda or correct AFR values for any hydrocarbon fuel with a known stoichiometric ratio. Regardless of the units displayed on the WEGO, data is logged internally in Lambda units and can be rescaled in the software for any fuel type. Refer to the software instructions for details.
Fuel Type Selection
You can also setup the scaling and units display for the 0-5V analog input. Selections are available for standard Delphi/GM 1 bar, 2 bar, and 3 bar manifold pressure (MAP) sensors. Most GM vehicles and all Harley-Davidson motorcycles with Twin-Cam 88 engines use Delphi 1 bar type MAP sensors. Delphi/GM 2 bar and 3 bar MAP sensors are often used with aftermarket engine controls for turbo/supercharger applications. For other sensors, you can enter the minimum and maximum input voltages and corresponding scaled values displayed on the chart along with the desired chart legend.
Analog Input Scaling
When the engine is running, you can display real time data on an instrument panel type layout with a round tach gauge and bar graph type gauges for most other parameters. Diagnostic codes are displayed in an additional window.
Real Time Data Display (Dual Channel Unit)
Data downloaded from the WEGO is displayed on a chart recorder type screen. You can select two parameters for display. Trace 1 is displayed in red with its Y axis legends on the left side of the chart. Trace 2 is displayed in green with its Y axis legends on the right side of the chart. The X axis is always elapsed time. You can zoom in, zoom out, or zoom all (displays entire data file). At the maximum zoom in level, approximately 100 data samples will be displayed on the chart. You can use the scroll bar to move the chart display window in terms of elapsed time.
Data Logging Chart Display (Dual Channel Unit)
AFR Data Analysis
AFR (air/fuel ratio) table display is only possible when both engine RPM and correctly scaled throttle position sensor (TPS) data has been logged from a fuel injected vehicle. The table format is intended to match the RPM rows and TPS columns used by many industry standard engine mapping systems. The figure below shows logged AFR data.
AFR Data Display
You can also display and print out the required fuel correction (in percent) based on the AFR target value you select. You can add data from an unlimited number of files that you previously saved. The data will be analyzed and incorporated into the table. Cells that vary more than 0.5 AFR from the command value are shaded blue for rich or red for lean.
Click on the pdf link below for full instructions.