This PML cover for the big Ford trucks and SUVs has a patterned fin for a custom look. PML offers a front cover in a matching design. It adds capacity to help lower the differential fluid temperature. Thick walls and gasket flanges add strength to the differential housing and provide a uniform clamping force on the gasket surface for a secure seal.
This rear differential cover fits the 10&1/4; inch or 10&1/2; inch Sterling rear end found on:
- Ford F-250, 1989 to 2016, some 2017 models
- Ford F-350 single rear wheel, 1989 to 2016, some 2017 models (if you have a Dually, see our 9520 Dana 80 cover)
- Ford Excursion, 2000 to 2005
PML makes three different rear end covers for the Ford Sterling 10&1/4; and 10&1/2; inch ring gear, 12 bolt differentials. They have the same prices but different fin patterns, shapes, sizes and features.
PML makes a front end cover to match this cover. It is PML part number 10737, the Dana 50/60 front differential cover (for Excursion, F-250 1999 and newer, F-350 SRW 1998 and newer). For older trucks, please see our straight fin design covers for the front and rear.
This PML cover has holes for drain and fill. A boss on side optionally can be machined for a temperature sensor for an additional cost. Call to order machining and let us know your sensor thread size.
The level check hole for this differential is provided by Ford and is located on the driveshaft side of the differential housing.
PML Differential Cover Features:
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- All hardware provided, including magnetic drain plug