| Racer Net: ||$195.00/Each|
| Our Price: ||$190.95|
| You Save: ||$4.05/Each|| (2%)|
Volume: about 3/4 quart over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
PML designed this cover for 2015, 2016, and 2017 Ford F-150 trucks with the new Ford 8.8 inch Super or HD rear differential. Some Mustangs also have this new differential and may be able to use this cover. Other Ford or Mercury vehicles may also be able to use this cover.
Some F-150 trucks have the 12 bolt Ford 9.75 (9 3/4) inch ring gear rear differential.
See PML covers with straight fins and pattern fins for heavy duty rear axle covers for the 9.75 inch ring gear Ford differential.
Always check your truck to verify your differential and clearance.
- Additional capacity: approximately 3/4 quart over stock
- Fins for dissipating heat from fluid
- Pads for using stock clips to keep lines routed above differential in place
- Fill hole on side for easy addition of new fluid
- Drain on bottom with magnetic drain plug included
- Boss (unmachined) if needed for temperature sending unit
- Standard PML top quality heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction
Level check is on the carrier. To fill, add fluid through fill hole on the side of the cover. Stop adding once fluid starts to dribble out level check hole.
Optional Machining for Temperature Sending Unit
This cover will also have an undrilled boss for a temperature sensor. It can be machined for a 1/8 NPT. If you want PML to drill and tap the boss, there is a $40 machining charge.
PML Differential Cover Compared to Stock
Click on image to view larger.
These images show this PML differential cover compared to the stock cover.
Stock F150 Cover
PML Cover Installed on an F150
From left to right: Stock Cover on an F150, New PML Cover on an F150. Click on image to view larger.
PML Differential Cover Features:
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- All hardware provided, including magnetic drain plug