| Racer Net: ||$210.00/Each|
| Our Price: ||$192.95|
| You Save: ||$17.05/Each|| (8%)|
The PML cover for Ford trucks and SUVs has a patterned fin design and a low clearance. It adds capacity to help lower the differential fluid temperature. Thick walls and gasket flanges add strength to the differential housing and provide a uniform clamping force on the gasket surface for a secure seal.
This rear end differential cover fits many Ford trucks and SUVs. Some common applications for this 12 bolt Ford 9¾ differential are:
- F150, 4.6, 5.0 or 5.4 engine, 2003 to 2017 (some 2015 and newer models have new Super 8.8 10 bolt cover
- F150, 1997-2003, 5.4 engine (other engine sizes from 1997-2003, please see 9519 PML Ford 8.8 diff cover
- Navigator, 1995-2006 can use this cover or the 9519 Ford 8.8 diff cover so check before ordering
- Expedition, 1997-2002, 5.4 engine (check carefully for clearance)
Configurations vary. Always check the vehicle to verify the differential and clearance for a larger cover. Some vehicles may have a 10 bolt, 9519 Ford 8.8 or 11145 Ford Super 8.8.
Note to Lightning owners: Ford Lightning 1999-2004 have a sway bar very close to the stock cover. Several Lightning owners have told us our covers will not fit because of that. Check your truck carefully for clearance.
Drain, Fill, Level Check, Temperature Sending Unit
These PML differential covers have a drain hole on the bottom and include a magnetic drain plug.
There is a fill hole on top.
On the vehicles this cover was designed for there is a plug on the driveshaft side of the differential for level check (this can also be used for filling).
A boss on the differential cover can be machined for a temperature sending unit. PML has machine shop and charges $45
PML Differential Cover Compared to Stock
Click on image to view larger.
These images show this PML differential cover compared to the stock cover.
This image compares the depth of both PML Ford Sterling 9 3/4" differential covers and the stock cover. Click on image to view larger in a new tab or window.
PML Differential Cover Features:
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- All hardware provided, including magnetic drain plug
Volume: 0.5 qt. over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.