| Racer Net: ||$240.00/Each|
| Our Price: ||$221.95|
| You Save: ||$18.05/Each|| (8%)|
This heavy duty, extra capacity PML transmission pan fits the Ford 6R80 transmission.
PML designed this 6R80 pan for:
- Cooling - extra capacity, fins, and aluminum construction for reported temperature drops of 10 to 35 degrees
- Clearance - medium height maintains clearance
- Drain plug - on the side for safety
- Secure seal - machined flat gasket flange for a leak free seal
- Strength - high quality, thick walls
- Fins on bottom of pan only for additional clearance
Some vehicles with the Ford 6R80 transmission are:
- Ford F-150, starting with some 2009 models
- Ford Expedition, 2008 to present
- Ford Explorer and Sport Trac, 2006 to 2010 (some with 6R60 transmission)
- Lincoln Navigator, 2008 to present
Some Ford Explorer and Explorer Sport Trac SUVs with the 4.6L V8 from 2006 to 2010 have the similar 6R60 transmission and this pan has been successfully installed on several of these. Other vehicles with the 6R60 may also be able to use this pan.
Explorer owners should plan on temporarily removing the cross member.. On the Ford Explorer, the pan is a very close fit and two bolts are difficult to access because of the cross member and the transmission cooler lines. Many customers have temporarily removed the cross member to gain access. A ball head t handle hex wrench might also work.
Configurations vary so please check if this pan will work for you being ordering. To find out if this pan will fit your vehicle, make sure you have the 6 speed 6R80 transmission. Look at your stock pan and see if it is the same shape and number of bolts. Then look for clearance for a larger pan. See if your vehicle has anything like frame cross members or exhaust that would be in the way of a larger pan.
Filter and Gasket Information for PML 6R80 Transmission Pan
PML design this pan to work with the stock filter and gasket. Filter supports on the bottom of the pan keep the filter in place (see above picture with stock pan and transmission). This eliminates the need for an extension and keeps the filter from wobbling around in a larger pan.
For the gasket, a composite or flexible rubber cork gasket will work well with a PML pan. Hard rubber gaskets with ribs can be easily damaged and leak or keep the bolts from tightening. Some folks like to use RTV but you have to be very careful not to get any inside the pan The stock aluminum gasket with rubber trim can be used if it is clean and free of nicks.
Drain for PML 6R80 Transmission Pan
PML placed the drain hole on the driver's side, near the rear of the vehicle.
A magnetic drain plug is included with the pan and all the mounting bolts. The side location is safer since there is less chance for damage than on the bottom. There is still easy access for maintenance.
PML Transmission Pan Features
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Mounting hardware provided
Volume: 3 quarts over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 21