| Racer Net: ||$265.00/Each|
| Our Price: ||$231.95|
| You Save: ||$33.05/Each|| (12%)|
This heavy duty, extra capacity Ranger and Explorer Ford transmission pan fits 2WD and 4WD vehicles with the 4R55E, 5R55E, 4R44E, 5R44E, and A4LD transmissions. These 4 and 5 speed transmissions are found in primarily in 1985 to 2001 Ford Rangers and Explorers but can also be in several models and years:
- Ford Aerostar, 1986-1997 with 2.8, 3.0, and 4.0 engines (the 1986 model was introduced in 1985)
- Ford Bronco II, 1985-1990 with 2.8 and 2.9 engines usually have front cross member interference
- Ford Explorer, 1991-1994 with 4.0 engine
- Ford Explorer 1995 - 2004 usually have exhaust interference with a larger transmission pan or have a 5R55W pan which requires a fill/level check on the pan)
- 1990-1993 Ford Mustang with 2.3 engine (may have AOD transmission and clearance issues)
- Ford Mountaineer, 1998-2001 with 4.0 engine
- Ford Ranger, 1989 - 1997 with 2.3 (4 cylinder), 2.5 (4 cylinder), 2.9, 3.0, and 4.0 engines
- Ford Ranger, 1998 and newer with 2.3 (4 cylinder) and 2.5 (4 cylinder) 4.0 and 3.0 engines usually have exhaust interference with a larger transmission pan
- Ford Thunderbird, 1987-1988, with 2.3 engine
Some vehicles with a 4R55E, 5R55E, 4R44E, or A4LD transmission may have interference in the way of a deeper pan. Interference can be from many things, such as a cross member or the exhaust system. Please check your vehicle for clearance before ordering.
Please check your vehicle to be sure there is enough room to allow our pan to clear your exhaust system. Some customers with the 4.0 V6 have had contact with the catalytic converters or resonators that are located along side or in front of the transmission pan.
The A4LD transmission is a C3 transmission with overdrive.
PML's Ford transmission pan is designed to work with the stock 4WD filter.
On a 2WD vehicle, you must use the 4WD filter because of the pick up tube.
PML's Ford transmission pan features internal baffles to reduce sloshing and provide additional surface area to remove heat from the transmission fluid.
PML Transmission Pan Features
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Mounting hardware provided
Gasket and filter not included (use stock parts).
Volume: 3 qts. over stock
Dimensions:Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 18