| Racer Net: ||$275.00/Each|
| Our Price: ||$244.95|
| You Save: ||$30.05/Each|| (11%)|
Volume: 3 1/8 qts. over stock for 2wd, 2 1/2 qts. over stock for 4wd
Dimensions: Overall depth is about 1" more than stock. Click here for dimensions. Always check your vehicle to verify your configuration and clearance.
Number of Bolts: 15
This PML deep oil pan for Dodge RFE transmissions is a direct replacement on these vehicles:
- Ram 2500 & 3500, 2WD and 4WD, with 6.7 liter diesel engine, 2007&1/2; to 2013 (The 3500 HD Cab & Chassis has the Aisin transmission so this pan will not work)
- Ram 1500 with Hemi engine, 2002 to 2005
- Ram 1500 with 4.7 V8 engine, 2002 to 2013, 4, 5, or 6 speed transmission
- 2WD Dakota with 4.7 V8 engine, 2000 to 2004
- 2WD Durango with 4.7 V8 engine, 2000 to 2003
- Jeep Grand Cherokee with 4.7 V8 engine, 1999 to 2004
2014 and newer trucks: Cooler lines run under the stock transmission pan on many models. We are working with our customers to determine if this pan will work. If you have a 2014 or newer truck, check carefully for clearance and let us know what you find. We have had the pan installed on a 2014 Ram 2500 and the pan cleared the cooler lines but the bracket holding the cooler lines had to be bent 1/8 inch to clear the pan.
This PML transmission pan increases the amount of fluid by 2 1/2 to 3 quarts over stock. It is about 1 inch taller than the stock pan.
Once installed, this pan will not be parallel to the ground. The transmission case gasket surface is also slanted. Other PML pans for the Dodge RFE transmission are parallel to the ground once installed.
PML makes four different pans for the Dodge RFE transmission series (45RFE, 5-45RFE, 65RFE, 66RFE, 68RFE). The stock pans and filters are also shown in the image below for reference.
The following vehicles most likely will need a PML pan with a step to avoid interference from the exhaust or frame cross members. Please see part number 11078 or part number 11079 if you have:
- Ram 1500 with Hemi engine, 2006 & newer (exhaust)
- Ram 2500 & 3500 with Hemi engine (exhaust)
- 4WD Dakota 2000 - 2004 and 4WD Durango 2000 - 2003 (frame)
- Dakota 2005 & newer and Durango 2004 & newer (frame)
- Durango with Hemi engine (check for clearance with a catalytic converter in the front)
- Jeep Grand Cherokee with Hemi engine: (check for clearance with a catalytic converter in the front)
If you have a skid plate, you may need to move it downwards away from the transmission. Please see information on an installation further down on this page. These Jeeps (along with some Dodge vehicles) usually have skid plates that limit clearance:
- Liberty CRD, 2005 & 2006 (check skid plate and see installation below)
- Wrangler 2010 & 2011 2.8 Diesel (check skid plate)
- Grand Cherokee, 2005 & 2010 (check skid plate)
PML Transmission Pan Features
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Mounting hardware provided